Discover the life of the mountain pastures in the company of a learned hen: Jacquotte.
«Jacquotte’s World» allows you to go behind the scenes of life in the mountain pastures and to discover the life of the farm animals in the company of an ornamental hen with an unusual fate: «Jacquotte».
Crédit photo : domaine skiable de Morzine
From the beginning of August the health pass will be require.
Dates d’ouverture : du 3 juillet au 29 août 2021 de 10 h à 17 h*
*Open all the days (depending on the covid)
Le Monde de Jacquotte is located above the ski resort of Morzine, on the Pointe de Nyon leisure area. This magnificent natural area is accessible by cable car for pedestrians or by car from the Col de Joux plane road – free parking.
Nestled at an altitude of 1500 m, the imposing building is a typical Savoyard architecture, a real chalet in the middle of the mountain pasture. It houses the aviaries for the birds of prey, the mini-farm, the terrace with a view of the animal show area and the play areas (inside and outside).
At the exit of the cable car, take a short walk and discover the educational trail or take the chairlift to discover the “pas de l’aigle”: thrill guaranteed !
Le Pas de l’aigle: Experience the sensation of an eaglet taking flight with this glassed-in footbridge overlooking the valley of the manche: 500 m of emptiness under your feet and a unique panorama of the Alps before your eyes.
Animals and animal show
- Farm animals invited by Jacquotte : hens, ducks, geese, rabbits, goats, sheep. Accompanied visit of the mini educational farm at 11:00 am and at 4:00 pm (contact with the animals and feeding for the little ones). Free visit all the time.
- Birds of prey : owl, owl, eagle, buzzard, vulture.
- Life on the mountain pasture, or the precarious harmony between wild and domestic animals and the no less easy harmony between the men who work there and those who come to enjoy themselves. Discover the collaboration between the shepherd and his dogs. Watch the training of the herding dog. The shepherd and the mountain pasture (work of the herd dog) at 11:30 am and 3:30 pm.
- The birds of prey of our mountains: you will discover, with the glove of falconers and in flight, the main birds of prey living in the mountains. Presentation of birds of prey from 12:30 pm to 2 pm and from 4:30 pm to 5 pm.
« La forêt enneigée »*: the largest ball pool in France !
A relaxation lounge will allow parents to wait while their children become adventurers…
« Dans les pas du berger »* :
A “life-size” board game in which you will discover the adventures of a shepherd during his transhumance.
Free visit of the mini educational farm and the aviaries of birds of prey.
Lundi et jeudi de 10 h 30 à 12 h00
Presentation of the sheep, the shepherd and his dogs: discovery of the transhumance during a short walk of 40 min. allowing to get acquainted with the herd of cows in the mountain pastures, presentation of the role of each dog, presentation of the birds of prey in our mountains.
- Breakfast at the end.
- Price 40€ / adult – 20 € / child from 6 to 12 years old.
- Exclusively on reservation at 04 50 04 59 83, the number of people is limited to 10.
Registration on site and at the tourist office.
Discovery workshop for kids
Follow the animals “on the trail”, record their footprints and learn to observe the animals you will meet during your hikes in the mountains.
- Every day, 10 a.m. and 2:30 p.m.
- Price: 10 €. Registration on site
Le nombre d’enfants est limité à 6, à partir de 6 ans.
Highlights of the season :
- Thursday 15 July: “Man’s best friend dog”, ethological meetings.
- Monday 19, Tuesday 20 July: meeting and drawing workshop (learning to draw animals) with Vincent, Jacquotte’s illustrator.
- Thursday 29 July: learning to photograph animals in the mountains and photo exhibition.
- Thursday 5 August: “Man’s best friend dog”, ethological meetings.
- Thursday 12 August: learning to photograph animals in the mountains and photo exhibition.
- Thursday 19 August: “Man’s best friend dog”, ethological meetings.
« Le pas de L’aigle » : thrill guaranteed !
Discover the sensation of the eaglet in flight with this footbridge hanging on the Pointe de Nyon overlooking the valley of the manche.
350 m of void under your feet and a unique panorama of the Alps before your eyes.
In summer you can access it with the Pointe de Nyon chairlift or on foot. In winter, the access is only by the ski lifts.
Many hiking trails are available from Le Monde de Jacquotte; our guides will inform you and advise you according to your expectations.
The educational trail :
Starting from Jacquotte’s World, a path winding between alpine meadow and forest will allow you to walk for 40 minutes while discovering educational panels on birds of prey and the fauna of our mountains.
The restaurant is open every day from Saturday 03 July to Sunday 29 August 2021 from 10am to 5pm.
Lunchtime open from 12 noon to 2.30 pm.
- Hors d’oeuvre buffet
- Fondue savoyarde
- And all day long: gourmet break (desserts, pies, ice cream….) !
Prices and access
Open every day from 10 am until 5 pm from july 3, to august 29, 2021
L’accès se fait à pied par le téléphérique de Nyon – 74110 – Morzine.
Tarifs Piétons Morzine Hiver 2020 / 2021
Tariff available by clicking here : Tariff – Morzine – summer 2021
Ski passes available at the Pleney and Nyon cable car ticket offices and on https://www.ski-morzine.com/
Le monde de Jacquotte – Morzine
Chemin des Raverettes (Nyon), 74110 Morzine
- Tel: +33 (0) 4 50 04 59 83.
- email address : email@example.com
Disabled access – access to the cable car by covered escalator – free parking.
Le monde de Jacquotte is accessible by the cable car or by car from the Col de Joux plane road.